Hello and happy weekend! Lots of things rising our envy factor this week. What makes you envious?
1. Oats in a jar. I used to make oats in a jar a lot when we still lived in Cambridge. We were going through a lot more nut butter. Correction: I was going through a lot more nut butter. I would be envious, but it’s already in my belly. #satisfaction
Or you could live on the wild side and go down this dangerous road called Nutella.
2. Graze box. This is the coolest idea ever. Graze was started by a bunch of friends who were sick of eating junk as snack food.
In each box, you get prepared snack options in sealed containers – great for bringing with you on the go.
Our favorite was the Creamy Peach Cobbler with honey glazed almonds and yogurt sunflower seeds. If we weren’t tight on pennies, we would be subscribing to receive Graze every month. Cue the big green envy monster.
3. Glimmerglass Festival presents Madame Butterfly. I have never been to the opera so you can imagine my excitement when Mr.D purchased tickets for Mrs. D and me to go see Madame Butterfly at the Glimmerglass Festival in Cooperstown, NY. While you’re sitting at your desk tomorrow, we’ll be sobbing our faces off and drinking some Ommegang while we’re there. If you’ve never been, GGF puts on 4 main production every summer that are gauranteed to be fabulous. If you still need convincing, you can also check out the baseball hall of fame while in town. Go Sox…I mean Yankees! 🙂
A lot of amazing foods and products have come into our lives this week that we’re willing to do burpees for (seriously, I hate burpees…this is a big deal).
1. Ming Tsai almond oatmeal cookies. I can’t even begin to explain the amazingness that is Ming Tsai and his out of this world cookies. These are one of Brett’s favorites. Not so sweet, but chewy and almondy. Fun, COTR recipe version to come soon! 😉
2. Aloha Daily Good Chocolate Cacao with almond milk and agave. Holy sweet juice. I had this concoction on my return from the gym this morning. It’s the perfect post-gym recovery drink filled with some green goodness. I know you may think that drinking greens is gross. Honestly, I did, too. When I thought more about it, I realized that I was really only getting a serving of vegetables for dinner and maybe in lunch leftovers. Adding smoothies with spinach or kale and/or drinking Aloha as a post workout drink allow me to pack in more veggies without a whole lot of chopping and hassle. Tastes good, too 😉
3. The Rich Roll podcast. Running hasn’t been easy for me as of late. My mind often wanders to things that worry me, sometimes leading to panic. That makes it difficult for me to find the gumption (yes, I said gumption) to get out on the road. I’ve found that listening to the RRP gives me something to focus on outside of my own problems/worries. Rich Roll interviews some pretty inspiring people as well, which motivates me for the day.
4. My Tea Forte tea mug. Hello perfection.
Mr. And Mrs. D got me this for my birthday given my love for ocha (Japanese loose green tea). I steep the tea right in the mug.
It’s easy to clean and keeps my ocha hot for quite a while. Stay away from my mug, Brett Lance!
Thanks Tea Forte!
Heylow, friends. This week, we’re starting a series about envy. Not envy in a bad way, but envy in an “I would like to be you/own you/eat you every day of my life” kind of envy.
1. Dog life. Brett and I often discuss how great it would be to be a dog. Think about it. People feed you. You poo, people clean it up. Gross, but true. You get snuggles all the time. The lounging is ideal.
This is hard. Obviously.
2. Yogi honey lavender tea. This tea has been a blessing in helping me sleep. If you have any sort of anxiety issues, I’m sure your mind rambles like mine does. Makes it hard to take a snooze. Brett often comments on my jittery feet in bed. “What are you doing? Are your toes tap dancing?” This honey lavender bliss is calming and I’ve found that I get to sleep fairly easily an hour or so after drinking it. Yogi, I would bathe in you if I could. Thanks for helping me get some zzzz.
Yogi = Sleep
3. Fabletics. Mrs. D found this one. Good find, Binz! Kate Hudson has a rock star body.
So much so that she put together an athletic apparel line. Similar to Stitch fix, Fabletics uses your preferences to pair you with different products. The pricing is great compared to other athletic brands. From all of the reviews, the material is great quality AND you get 50% off your first order. Those leggings are looking better and better…
4. Chocolate covered PB pretzels. Whoever came up with these should be given a big hug, then punched in the stomach. I could eat a whole box myself.
In fact I did.
Damn you, Wegmans.
5. My favorite water cup.
Unfortunately I can’t tell you where this came from- Maybe Target? It’s large and in charge, which I love. I drink more water at home if the glass is bigger than my face. Brett decided to steal it last night while he was eating popcorn topped with smoked paprika and now it smells like his smoked paprika mouth. In to the dishwasher it goes. Listen up, Brett. MINE.
Question: What products are you most envious of this week?